Sometimes we need to share the internet connection with friends, family, co-workers, etc. We can use our android-based smartphone as a portable wi-fi hotspot and share our internet connection to other people.
The internet connection shared would be able to be accessed by everyone. But I think nobody want to share his connection freely to anyone they do not know, so, we should limit our connection only to certain people who get our permission.
Set a password to restrict the hotspot connection, so that only people who know the password can access our internet connection.
How to create a mobile wifi hostspot using android smartphone?
- Go to “Setting”
(Note : Smartphone spec : Samsung Galaxy, Android Version 4.2.2)
- On “Connection”, select “More Network”
- Select “Tethering and portable hotspot”
- Activate “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot”, and now your internet connection can be accessed by other.
- But, of course nobody want their internet connection used freely. Let’s make our hotspot password protected and only permited users are able to get access. Select “Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.”
- Select “Configure”
- Enter your device name (this will be the name of your hotspot connection when the other device detect it) and create a password.
Done! Now your android smartphone successfully transformed into a privat and password protected mobile wifi hotspot.